Tags: Dining Out, OIAJ, Smoothie
Heyho Mc Hiho, fellow lovies! How are we all? Superawesome? Good.
So I’m very sorry for being absentee yesterday – I came back from London feeling pretty worn out from a loooooong day that began super early, and seeing as I’d taken a grand total of one photo:
I thought I’d just leave the blogging, yannae?!
Yesterday was a pretty good day though, bar the rain. I was up bright and early, bushy tailed and raring to head out on a 7mile run…..errrr, or not. BOY was I dragging on that run – I felt soo lethargic and heavy legged! I was done in 58mins, and was very relieved to be so, that’s for sure.
I then had to rush to get the train, so the day went something like this:
- shower / put on face / make self presentable
- scarf a super quick oat bowl
- train. read. train some more.
- snack on a Clif bar
- get rained on.
- go to the London Graduate Fair. Spend £20 on booklets telling me how to fill out application forms and what to do in interviews. Chat to nice employers, smile, be polite, and hope that they might phone me up and say ‘FREYA! We simply LOVE you, daaahling – come work for us, PRONTO! Yah yah! Rah.’
That’s the dream anyway!
- buy a cappuccino. Get rained on. Get rained on some more.
- head on over to the wonder that is Whole Foods. Scarf down a lunch. Scarf down many, many (many) bread samples, salsa and corn chip samples, dried mango samples, & breadstick / olive oil samples.
- realise I don’t like dried mango.
- load my take away bowl with glorious food from the WFs salad bar (sweet potato lasagne! Tofufu! Marinated delicious roast squash! Grilled aubergine! A hunkydory chickpea / rice dish! & much more). Take it to the counter to get wrapped so the lid doesn’t fall off…and get a shocked look from the guy there:
‘this is all for you!? For two days, right??’ Err…sure….I just nodded and smiled and took my two-meal-worthy meal away…..(bytheby, he also said that he could have eaten that meal, but women NEVER eat that much, apparently! LOL)
- buy some AWESOME goodies for a BIG give away coming up!
- eat more bread samples.
- buy another coffee – iced this time. Snack on another Clif bar – peanut butter flavah.
- Warehouse…a sale…..a top….a forgotten student card….1/2 hour later, an account opened with Warehouse to save 15%……
- mad rush to get to train on time. End up with a 1/2 hour to kill anyway at Liverpool St. Buy another coffee.
- train time. Sit next to stinky businessman, and across the aisle from a VERY loud, VERY (overly) friendly Australian, who keeps wanting help with his crossword puzzle. Read The Evening Standard. Tsk at the price of houses nowadays…Eat WFs dinner.
- home! The Apprentice! Chocolate (pink peppercorn chocolate, no less!)
- 1.30am, back downstairs, cannae sleep :’( Eat cereal, watch Kovac eat an entire big black spider……
Now on to the wonder that is THURSDAY! Thursday doesn’t, oddly enough, rhyme with ‘cold rainy showers’, but it should cos that what today was all about! I’m sorry, but WHERE did June go?? i know I’ll regret moaning about the chill factor when I’m sweating it up in the States this August..but merh.
I figured after yesterday’s tough run, my body was asking for an easy day, so I just did Jillian and called it Done. Besides, i didn’t want to take toooo long doing anything, cos I had an awesome breakfast waiting for me!
Chocolate covered espresso beans…holyyum!
Yo’ know it.
I spent ages and ages after breakfast writing an application and cover letter for a company I’m applying for; they’re an AMAZING company with an awesome 3month internship in London, and I’d quite literally, give my right arm and a bit of my own head to work for them…hence, I’ve put lots of effort into this application! Fingers crossed!!
Lunch was just…wonderful. Whilst the guy at the WFs bar was getting over his shock at the size of my meal, I was looking at all the pre-prepared stuff at the counter, and saw MEATLOAF! VEGAN MEATLOAF! After picking my jaw up off the floor, I bought a slice. I also dropped the box holding said slice when I got home, hence why it had lost its’ ‘slice’ shape when I came to eat it today…
Served with stir fried parsnip, squash, swiss chard, PEAR and FENNEL.
A fine meal, if I do say so myself! The faux meat loaf was pretty good: I loved the texture, although I think it lacked a bit of BOOM factor, you know? I doubt I’d buy it again, but it was nice to try something different
The afternoon was spent polishing my application, washing my monstrously long hair (a huge task in itself), baking tomorrow’s lunch (hello, chocolate socca muffins!) and riding Ze Pony. Poor Chika had a few nozzle troubles again today – my baby does suffer! Mah.
I kept dinner simple and cold:
Cold cooked oats, blended with frozen melon, frozen banana and vanilla protein powder
The melon in that smoothie? Holyheck, it was MASSIVE! I cut the whole thing up today, and ended up with a massive carrier bag full of the stuff!
Note: I didn’t put all of that into one smoothie! I like volume, but not THAT much….
Annnd now I’m eating chocolate
Random Questions I’ve received recently:
My spoons: Someone asked where I got my long thin spoons from; uh, no idea! They were a birthday present last year, so I don’t know
My speed: Someone else asked me if I’ve always ran at my current pace, or if I have had to work at it. Answer? The 2nd option! When I very first started running, I was probably 10min / mile pace. Early last year, I went hardcore, and just pushed myself very very hard; loads of tempo runs, intervals etc etc, and I increased my pace so much that my first half mary was done in 1hr43! (See my running page for recaps). When I started marathon training last year, I slowed riiiiight down, and was about a 10 min/mile pace. Then after I came back from injury this year, I was just..faster! I’ve worked at it, and worked at it hard, but now it’s coming more naturally
& I’m sure there was one more question, but I forget what…*badblogger
Does anyone else have any questions they’re burning to get answered? Ask away!
Have you ever had meatloaf, veggie or otherwise? I hear the real stuff is a love/hate thing, like spam…but I’ve never, ever had it!